Cocktail Robot at this year’s Stallwächter-Party
At the 52nd Stallwächter-Party in Berlin, an annual event for the Baden-Württemberg State Representation, the FZI robot HoLLiE catered for delicious cocktails. The 5.3 feet tall FZI robot did not only impress the guests but was also posing for countless cameras.
Under the official hashtag #stallwaechter15 the guests were tweeting about the event according to the motto “GlobalDigital“. For instance, two guests thanked HoLLiE for their “very first robot cocktail” or showed themselves enthusiastic about the robot’s drinks on Twitter.
The regional broadcasting service SWR presented HoLLiE in action in a TV report on the event in Landesschau aktuell, a German news programme. Additionally, a short video can be viewed on Instagram at https://instagram.com/p/47pmx5D9Mo/.
There is only one thing left to say: We really enjoyed the great event and HoLLiE – who actually performs assistance tasks in everyday life whenever she is not mixing cocktails in the evening – returned safe and sound to her home town Karlsruhe in Germany.
Our very special thanks are due to the state of Baden-Württemberg and its State Representation in Berlin, the organisers, guests, and colleagues and in particular to Gregor Scholl (Rum Trader) and Phum Sila-Trakoon (Le Croco Bleu) for this very special night.
- The FZI cocktail robot HoLLiE welcomed Peter Friedrich, Minister for the Bundesrat, Europe and International Affairs, at the 52nd Stallwächter-Party.
- Thanks to a driver for a five-finger hand that was developed by the FZI researchers for their project partner Schunk, even complex tasks, such as holding a cocktail glass, can be managed by robots.
- The Department Manager of the FZI, Arne Rönnau, showed Theresia Bauer, Minister of Science, Research and the Arts of Baden-Württemberg, the human-like robot hand.
- Theresia Bauer, Minister of Science, Research and the Arts of Baden-Württemberg, shook the hand of the FZI robot…
- Gregor Scholl, bartender of the Rum Trader in Berlin, developed a cocktail called digit.HoLLiE especially for the FZI robot. He and his team assisted her in serving the guests during and after the event.
- The guests of the 52nd Stallwächter-Party were taking pictures of the robot lady and ordering cocktails.
- The Bramble Fizz is to be mixed with a blackberry liqueur home-made by the Le Croco Bleu and with gin.