Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h. c. Jürgen Becker
Embedded Systems and Sensors Engineering
Prof. Dr. Ing. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h.c. Jürgen Becker is Head of the Institute for Information Processing Technology (ITIV) at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
His research focuses on novel architectures and efficient design of embedded electronic systems, along with dynamically reconfigurable hardware. This includes Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) with multi-core processors (multi-/many-core), especially for safety-critical applications such as automotive, avionics, railroad and industrial automation.
Engagements and Awards
- Member of the Executive Board of the German Section of the IEEE as well as Counselor of the IEEE Student Branch at KIT (2006 – present)
- Author and co-author of more than 400 publications (and more than 30 patents) with focus on architectures and design of embedded electronic systems with various industrial projects, particularly in the automotive field.
- Managing Director of the Hochschuldidaktikzentrum Baden-Württemberg
- Active as conference chair and in numerous program committees of international conferences and workshops
- 2012 to 2014 CLUSTER Secretary General (Consortium of 12 universities).
- Robert Piloty Prize 2022 of the Technical University of Darmstadt