FZI Living Lab Future Mobility
The mobility concepts of the future are developed here
In the FZI Living Lab Future Mobility, software and hardware solutions for mobility and transport concepts for vehicles and autonomous mobile systems of future generations are developed, researched and evaluated in cooperation with our partners.
The intelligent car of the future analyzes and interprets the vehicle environment and the current driving situation and plans targeted actions to support the driver or carries them out automatically. It can be supported in this by means of intelligent and networked infrastructure.
The focus of our research is on the following topics:
- Robust perception, assessment and prediction of the prevailing traffic situation: Via built-in sensors, cameras and intelligent software/hardware systems, the automobile is to recognize its surroundings, assess the traffic situation and make predictions about its development. In this way, accidents and traffic jams can be avoided.
- Application of AI systems, such as deep neural networks of different architectures, in vehicles to support automated and autonomous driving.
- Development and research of cooperative and connected driving by means of Car2X technologies (WLAN802.11p, C-V2X et cetera)
- Development and research of efficient hardware architectures, e.g. for hardware-assisted execution of neural networks
- Development of test procedures for classical and AI procedures by using virtual, semi-virtual and real test environments
- Simulation of the system network on different abstraction levels, consideration of environment, system and component simulations up to the simulation of the hardware
- Establishment of real-field laboratories for validation and verification of intelligent vehicles
- Publication of solutions and algorithms as well as datasets for free use in order to promote scientific exchange
FZI explanatory video: How autonomous driving works
FZI Shuttle: Mobility solutions for the first and last mile