1st Workshop on Application of Intelligent Infrastructure for Automated Driving
Supported and Guided Driving - from Technical Challenges to Evaluation on Test Areas and Proving Grounds
This workshop takes place on Sunday 2nd June 2024 within the IEEE IV Symposium 2024.
Automated and connected vehicles are developing rapidly. Smart infrastructures are increasingly finding their way into research to overcome critical challenges or as a monitoring or reference measurement system. Intelligent and connected infrastructures are being rolled out for this purpose on proving grounds and test areas in the public domain. They promise increased insight, control and guidance capabilities of assisted and automated vehicles. New mobility concepts such as applied shuttles on the last mile in peri-urban quarters make use of this intensively. This workshop therefore aims to bring together experts from all countries to share and discuss the current state of play.
This workshop aims at bringing together current research in the adressed domains of:
- Application-driven assisted and automated driving: last mile transportation and delivery with shuttles, automated valet parking, protection of vulnerable road users
- Connected and autonomous mobility: explicit and implicit cooperation of autonomous vehicles, e.g. cooperative perception, cooperative localization, cooperative motion planning, remote driving, large scale cooperation with traffic control, etc.
- Smart roadside infrastructure and traffic surveillance
- V2X Communication (IEEE802.11p, C-V2X, 5G, …)
- Proving grounds, test areas and real laboratories: application of autonomous fleets, testing, validation and verification of autonomous vehicles
- Smart Traffic control infrastructure and field applications
Paper and expectations
- Papers submitted for the workshop will undergo the same review process as the conference papers and will be published in the same proceedings.
- Presenters of submitted Workshop papers are expected to participate in person.
- Requirements for the submitted papers (number of pages, registration, …) can be found here.
- Enter the code “ApplicationOfIntelligentInfrastructure” during submission.
February 01, 2024:
Submission deadline for workshop papers
March 30, 2024:
Notification of paper acceptance
April 22, 2024:
Final paper submission deadline (camera-ready version)
June 02, 2024:
Don’t forget to enter the code “ApplicationOfIntelligentInfrastructure“!